There are 6 essential nutrients for brain development.
The 6 nutrients are (1) Taurine, (2) Magnesium, (3) Zinc, (4) B12, (5) Iodine and (6) Poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
Super Foods For Your Child's Brain
We researched foods that contain these nutrients and found that there are certain foods that carry significant amounts of many of these 6 essential nutrients.
These are the ten super foods for your child's brain.
- Salmon (contains Taurine, B12 and Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
- Mackerel (contains Magnesium, B12, and Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
Shellfish contain half of the 6 essential nutrients for brain development
- Crab, Krill, Scallops (contains Taurine, Zinc, and Iodine)
Grass fed beef (the natural food for cows) contains higher amounts of essential nutrients for your child's bran than grain fed beef
- Beef (grass fed) (contain Taurine, Zinc, B12, and Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
- Lamb (contain Taurine, Zinc, B12, and Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
- Egg Yolks that are free range or eat grass (contain Taurine, Iodine, and Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
- Dark Leafy Greens like Kale, Spinach, Swiss chard (contain Magnesium)
Plant pods contain the essential nutrient magnesium
Legumes (think pods!)
- Lentils (contain Magnesium)
- Peanuts (contain Magnesium)
- Pumpkin Seeds (contain Magnesium and Zinc)
- Chia Seeds (contain Poly-unsaturated fatty acids)
- Wheatgerm (contains Zinc)
Seaweed contains every essential nutrient for our human brain development
- Seaweed contains ALL 6 essential nutrients for the brain! Who knew?? Scientists believe that we used to live off seaweed way back in the day...
How To Cook These Brain Super Foods? Try These Recipes....
5 Family Friendly Recipes With Super Brain Foods
- Contains half of the six essential nutrients (1) Taurine (2) Vitamin B12 and (3) Poly-unsaturated fats
2. Lentils By Annabel Karmel - can make it without pureeing
- Contains Magnesium
3. Salmon and Egg Frittata - can use minced salmon and omit tarragon leaves if desired
- Contains 4 of the 6 essential brain nutrients (1) Taurine (2) Iodine (3) Vitamin B-12 and (4) Poly-saturated fats
4. Seaweed and Pumpkin Seed Snack - can use whatever types of seaweed and seeds you prefer
- Contains all 6 essential brain nutrients
5. Shrimp Fried Rice - you can add cauliflower and diced dark leafy greens
- Contains Taurine, Zinc and Iodine. If you add the leafy greens, it will also contain Magnesium!
What are moms saying about The Parenting Journal?